Sunday 18 February 2018

Happy Posthumous birthday Okikiola


Although it's been 7 years since I wrote this tribute, it feels like yesterday. You would have been a year older today, but as they say, God knows best. I still remember the strong urge I had to call you that night.

I remember how my friend tried talking me into calling you, but I couldn't bring myself to do so, even though it had been two weeks since we last saw or spoke. Maybe it was pride, or maybe I was scared you weren't going to answer my call. If only I had given in to the urge to call you, I would have heard your voice one last time. Alas, it was too late the next day as I learnt you were gone....gone forever.

That experience made me realise that we should never take one another for granted for we do not know what tomorrow may bring, or take away. Do not be afraid to tell someone how much you love them. Show them you care, never hold a grudge and forgive easily, for tomorrow might be too late.

Happy posthumous birthday Okikiola. You will forever remain in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment