Saturday 31 January 2015

A poem about Mary (written by Alan Garba and dedicated to me)




A POEM ABOUT MARY
 
Hear ye, hear ye earthlings
my scripted reveries about Marie
with many words unending
I think I am under a spell but don't help me

There are five things I want to say about Marie

four things that have held my gaze

three things that leave me speechless

Two things that've got me singing

and one thing that will forever be on my mind

 

Adorable, delectable, sweet, exuberant and beautiful

5 adjectives out of a million I describe Mary with

I say all this not because I am in "heat"

but because she has assailed me with a smile so sweet.

 

Like the sun adorned in sparkles of brilliance

rays of her beauty smites mortal men

her eyes, lips, hips and twin bosom

perfect eye candy for sore roving eyes

 

Gifted, mature and cool

a rare species of the cute

company awesome like candy

with nothing short of millions can u attempt to marry

 

All I am trying to say is

There's a girl named Mary

awesome like a canary

I’m smitten, someone save me

Somebody…

Anybody

Nobody.

Written by Alan Garba

No comments:

Post a Comment