Wednesday 19 November 2014

Coming soon...Mary's diary

I've been writing stories and poems for several years. One of my favourite is "Mary's Diary" It was supposed to be in three parts but I stopped at the second part.
I can remember that day vividly even though it happened some years ago. I posted the story on facebook and waited patiently for people's comment. I was amazed I must say at the comments I received. Even my friends who were great critics had nothing to criticize about.
.... And then I received a message from a girl who said she loved the story. She hadn't left a comment but instead decided to send me a message directly. She told me she had copied the story and posted too.
I was angry, very angry and ofcourse I told her how wrong it was to steal people's work. This was plagiarism!!!!. I found out we both had a mutual friend so she was able to see my Note when my friend commented on it.
The most annoying part was that we both bear the same name and so that work could pass as hers since it's titled "Mary's diary". This was a girl I didn't even know. Well if she had stolen both the first and second part of my work I wasn't going to give her the joy of stealing the third and concluding part so I never wrote the third part.

Well..it happened several years ago, so now I'm ready to write the concluding story.

1 comment: